Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One Step Beyond

One of my children did something today that made me quite proud of him/her. It wasn't a step that most people would consider to be beyond the abilities of someone of that age.

In fact I think there are many a child of a younger age who could have done this task and done it well.

But this is the essence of the question we must all ask ourselves. Were you the best you possible? Did you push yourself when you met an obstacle or did you give up? Did you continue despite your fears?

We aren't, and we should not judge ourselves OR our children based on what their peers do. We need to look at the whole child and share in their victories and help them when they suffer defeats.

My child did today something quite difficult for him/her. I am quite proud of this child.  Unfortunately my child's efforts did not result in a "win..."

But still in all, today my child was a success.

No comments: