Friday, February 12, 2010

Chickens anyone?

I dreamed of chickens last night. Chickens! I have dreamed of birds before, and cats often, but chickens???? They have not appeared in my dreams till last night (or more accurately this morning. I got up at 5 to make soup and chicken for Shabbat, and wash the floor.

Okay, maybe cooking the chicken meant chickens were on my mind, but these weren't chickens in the pot, they were alive and kicking. And my pets.

I had two I favored, one mostly multi-colored, mostly orange, but also some brown, blue and green feathers., the other mostly blue, except for a streak of multicolor feathers down its front, matching the multi-colored ones.

And I kept thinking, what am I going to do with all these chickens since I wouldn't sell them to anyone who might eat them, or eat them myself. They were pets!!!

Weird. But if I start finding chickens in my yard I'm going to be slightly freaked.

No comments: